Skip to main content

End Of The Year 2018 Note

This post is dedicated to all the awesome people in my life. It's my end of the year note. This is where I talk about people I love and express how I truly feel about them. I love a lot of people and I might not be able to mention them all in this article but I'll try my best to capture as much people as I can.

Adedayo Ajala, my best male friend. Twitter brought us together,  I can't even remember when anymore but I'm glad I replied that DM. You understand me in ways I don't even understand. You're always there to listen to me. You always tell me the truth even if it hurts. You're just the best bestfriend in the world. I sometimes wonder what I'd have done without you especially those times when I'm just sad for no reason or some reasons. Times I cry and I can't tell anyone why but you. Thank you for being there for me. You're a blessing. I love you.

Wale Enemy, the worst best friend in the world. You annoy me more than anyone in this world. I just can't get rid of you, I guess I'm just addicted to you, goat. Twitter brought us together and I'm glad I obliged you. You're real almost more than real itself. You say things exactly the way they are, mostly rudely because your manner have been lost long time ago, lol. But I love you because no matter how annoying and stupid you are, I always know I can count on you to be there for me anytime. You find humor in my worst moments and I eventually get to laugh at myself and my condition. You’re annoying but you’re awesome.

Olanrewaju Oso, the best bae in the world. Sometimes I wonder what I’d have done without you. Apart from being the most annoying male in my life after Wale, you’re also the sweetest person I know. You’re one of the reasons I thank God everyday though sometimes, I literally want to kill you with my bare hands. Thank you for allowing me scam you from time to time *opens teeth*. We technically met on twitter too but when I say that, you’ll say I’m just trying to use the word ‘technically’. Thank you also for accommodating my ‘crazy’ and enjoying my rough play. Those times I disturb your sleep for no reason and annoy you because its fun. Those times I say I’m almost done and I waste like 20 minutes of your time but you just can’t go without me. I love you more than words can say.

Olutobi Williams, my boss and friend. You’re more than a boss to me. The one who knows when I’m not myself and is always there to listen to whatever’s bugging me. You tell me the truth always and support me when I need your support even when you’re away. You’re the best boss I’ve worked with because you not only care about my professional duties, you’re also interested in my personal life, of course with reasonable boundaries. Thank you for your friendship, support and advice. I wonder what I’d have done if you weren’t there for me all those times. I pray that God continues to bless you immensely and grant your heart desires.

Aunt Fola, the bestest adopted sister in the world. This article won’t be complete without you though I’m not quite sure you’ll read this. Thank you for accepting me regardless of my flaws. For understanding my weirdness even when I don’t understand it myself. Thank you for your companionship, care, love, accomodation (at the initial stage) and the fooooodd (I love food abeg and she can cook AF). God will continue to bless you immensely and make all your dreams come true.


Chinagozim Nwaneto, the elder sister I never had. A colleague like no other whose only main is to draw me closer to God and make sure I do the right thing. Though ex-colleagues but she doesn’t ever let me forget all she’s taught me (I wonder what she feels like, yimu). Thank you for being an amazing friend. I’m grateful to God for you and I pray that you get to where you really want to be.

Olanrewaju Banwo, another social media blessing. Thank you for being awesome. Thank you for being part of my years. Thank you for your support from the beginning of our friendship till date. Crazitive African Magazine CEO, Rapheal. Thank you for everything. For believing in my writing skills almost more than I believe in myself. I pray we get bigger writing deals.

I’ve learnt a lot this year and I can boldly say that I have the best friends in the world. I’ve lost friends and gained some. I’ve ended relationships and developed new ones with other people. Its part of what I’ve learnt from. I appreciate everyone who’s had my back in 2018 and I want us to be together again in 2019 doing greater things.

This year has been slow for me ‘writing-wise’ for a lot of reasons I can’t start to explain but still, you guys have been there for me every time I put a new article and for that, I’m forever grateful. You guys are real sweethearts. I love you all.


Twitter >> @odusolar
Facebook >> Aanuoluwapo Odusola
Instagram >> @aanusol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb