Skip to main content

Who Says There Are No Pervs In Church?

Dear OTTH readers, how are we? I spent my weekend resting and going through dorisaniunoh.blogspot.com, you know as a writer, one shouldn't depend on themselves, so every now and then, I go through other blogs because not only do I learn a lot from them, they also inspire me to write something. I love reading from Doris' blog because like me, she writes real life stuff, something I could actually relate to not how Davido got robbed and the likes. I've been meaning to write about this in a while but procrastination won't let me but today I have bound the spirit hence here it is. I'm certain we all know who a perv is but just incase we don't, perv is the shortform for the word "pervert" and it refers to someone who's sexually obsessed according to Google and that's about what it means so I guess we all get the picture and we'd understand better as we proceed.

I've always thought pastors would at least act like pastors no matter the temptation and if at all they would give into the flesh, they would at least do it far away. Not like I never used to read stories of pastors who sleep with church members and the likes but in the end, it's the work of the devil right? But what role did the church member who was slept with play? That's a story for another day.

Now to my story. It was 2014 and I was serving at the time. I lived in a corpers' lodge my ministry provided which was located in the GRA part of Asaba, Delta State. My workplace was in the same compound so I only went out for reasons asides work like using the atm, visiting friends, church etc. I didn't really have a church then because I attended RCCG for a while then I ran out of skirts and dresses and I don't like repeating clothes so I decided to go only when I knew I wasn't going to be looking the same as last two weeks (I don't know if anyone else feels this way). I know it's church but it doesn't mean I won't make a conscious effort to dress well so I could as well just stay home and pray if I won't feel so good about myself though there are days I don't just care.
One evening around 7pm, I decided to take a stroll to the ATM because I had run out of cash and also I needed to feel the cool breeze too. On getting to the front of the bank, I saw a lady and a guy all suited up and I was thinking Nawa oo, all these bankers are trying but before I could finish talking to my mind, the guy accosted me and told me about the teens program that would be held in their teens church the next day and he'd love me to be there, bla bla. I smiled and explained to him that I wasn't a teenager, I've just refused to grow tall, lol so he apologised but I wasn't offended because it happens to me regularly, people still ask if I just finished secondary school just because I'm small but am I bothered? Of course not because small is the new sexy. He got my number and insisted I come that he's sure I'd learn something so I said I wasn't sure and it ended there. Lest I forget, he said he was Pastor Ranti and the lady with him was Pastor Precious, his Pastor colleague. The church they represent I'd choose not to mention for reasons best known to me but it's a church I could wear trousers to which is what I actually wanted.

So Pastor Ranti called me the next day which was saturday to inform me of a slight change in the start time of the program like I was interested in attending in the first place. I told him I doubt my attendance because I didn't plan for it so he said I should just try but even if I don't attend, he'd pay me a visit after the program. I thought the visit was okay afterall, some other fellowships visit us at the lodge so it was no bigdeal. Hours later, he called and said he was on his way so I dressed casually not my usual bumshort and tank top, I didn't want to tempt a man of God, did I? Okay, so he came and we discussed about education, surprisingly we studied the same course - international relations. After plenty talk, he said he was leaving so I said I should walk him then he made a strange request, he wanted a hug and I was wondering why, not because it was a bigdeal but who does this?, even if people do, a Pastor for that matter but I didn't think aloud so I gave him a side hug not because he was a Pastor but that was what I could spare a stranger. He said he didn't want a side hug and I'm like really? Though we were alone but in the sitting room so I decided it was no bigdeal still so I gave him a full hug then he went ahead to kiss my neck and didn't want to stop...
To be continued...


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612

Comments

XPANCIATED EMMY said…
U JUST GOT MY HEAD PLUG SPARKED UP! WHERE IS PASTOR RANTI? COS BY D TIME I RANT ON HIS HEAD, HE WONT B GIVEN A GRANT COS HE WIL B AN ANT BY THEN. AND TO U, CALCULATED SUSPENSE IS NOT MY GAME! FINISH D STORY ASAP! SO DAT BY D TYM AM TRU WIT RANTI, IF HIS WIFE OFFERS HIM A HUG NEXT TIME, HE WIL GO INSTEAD FOR A BUG, JUG, RUG AND MUG!!! KIP D FIRE BURNING......
Lol, Thank you Xpanciated for your immense support, look forward to the completion of the story on thursday.
DLS said…
Lol.....oh dear! I like to remind myself that pastors are human beings with blood running in their veins but hey! What happened to respecting the anointing? I hope you didn't hesitate to give him a dirty slap.......oh my! lmao
Unknown said…
Urgghhh...jst finish the story
Lol, I didn't slap him o, was using "man-of-God" eye to look at him. Thank you DLS.
Thursday is here already.

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb