Skip to main content

Mirabel's Dairy

My name is Mirabel Blakewood, I'm 20 years old. My parents died when I was 6 in a car accident on the 25th of July, 2001 and I've been living with Maternal Grandmother until she also passed away when I was 15. I still stay at my Grandmother's till date.

I'm quite tall, I have brown eyes just like my Dad's. I remember it when he used to read me bedtime stories, I would stare deep into his eyes till I fell asleep. I keep a small circle of friends - Jeff, Sarah, Lionel and Amy. We've been friends since we were kids. They've been my family too.

My Grandmother was a very quiet woman, she was a woman of noble mien. She had no friends and she barely spoke to anyone. She would say hello to few people after the service on Sunday then be back to her normal withdrawn self.


There was something my Grandma passed on to me, it's called the Peth spirit. It was passed on to her by her mother when she was dying but my Mum didn't live long enough for it to be passed on to her so it was passed on to me instead when Grandma was dying.

She told me Peth had been in our family for over 100 years and has preserved us but it didn't preserve my parents still, Peth couldn't save them. Grandma warned me though, said Peth is a jealous spirit. She said I shouldn't love too hard or hate too much. That was why she was living a solitary life, she didn't want to lose any more people because that's all that had happened to her since it had been passed on to her. Peth takes away the ones you love because she's jealous and takes away the ones you hate to protect you.

My family came across Peth when they were seeking for protection from a terrible disease that struck the land, Peth kept them from been afflicted by the disease as it destroyed some generations. My Great Grandparents didn't want their lineage to end so a friend introduced them to a Seer, a Peth Worshipper. The price for our protection was not loving too hard or hating anyone so much because Peth is jealous and protective.

I'm confused, I don't want to lose my friends. They are the only ones I've always been with, they've been my family especially now that Grandma is gone.I lost my first and only boyfriend two years ago, he died mysteriously but I know it was Peth and I cannot tell anyone else Peth would take me. I've been feeling unquiet and alone ever since.

I've been trying my best to detach myself from my friends but they keep sticking around because that's what families do. They don't understand and I can't explain it for both our sakes. I'm like a plague that should be avoided but people don't know it yet.

Last week, one guy in church walked up to me, said he liked me and wants to be friends. I told him okay so he won't think I'm a snob but I knew I'd have to start avoiding him to keep him safe because I like him already and I know where our friendship could lead. I don't want to lose him, at least if I won't have him, someone else should but definitely not Peth.

I'm leaving soon, I don't know where I'd go but I'm leaving. I can't stay here and act like a stranger towards everyone I've known all my life, it's better I go someplace else, some where no one knows me and be assured of my friends' safety.

I'm sorry Jeff, Amy, Lionel and Sarah, you guys are all I have and I don't want to lose you. I'm doing this for us, I wish I could say a proper goodbye because by the time you find this diary, I'll be dead because you already know about Peth but I don't care if I die anymore as long as you're alive and well. I know it will take a while before you find this because of where I'm going to keep it but whenever you do, just remember that I love you and I miss you as much as you miss me. Whatever happens to me is not my fault, it's all because of Peth.


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612

Comments

Paul Newton said…
Awwwwww....this is touching but if I may say...this is not some foriegn movie which watch repeat itself, its really happening in this life.

Although there is surely a way out and it is the Gods way. The Jesus way. The strongest and mighty way that Peth itself will scream running like a baby.

If only Mirabel knew who this special llving father is, by now her mother and the rest would be alive, saved and healed.

One nothing I know for sure is that we shouldn't take anything into our hands cos we have no power to do anything without Christ. Let's seek his face in everything we do
Mr Fantastic said…
You deserve an award
Yes oo @ Newton, if people who experience things like this know God, their lives would be terror free, @Mr Fantastic, thank youuu *bows*

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb