Skip to main content

Love With Blood?

Dear OTTH readers, I hope we're good because I'm very fine. You know me and the things that bother me, lol. The other day, I was discussing with Anuli (CEO, Iluna photography)  about how I think it's abnormal to have sexual relations with any member of ones family and she made a point by saying that it's a norm in some places #onemansmeat...you know the drill but that it doesn't make it right.
I understand that people crush on their cousins and all and I also understand that my culture might be a taboo someplace else but haba! Why would you have sexual relations with your family member? I used to think it was always sexual abuse when things like that happen but I've found out that people actually do it with pride and talk about it without shame. I remember someone telling me how he makes out with his cousin and he loves her so much and I'm like gfhdsshgk?

Over the years, I've heard and I still hear of different cases of incest and it was beginning to sound cliché until one day earlier in the year I decided to surf the internet regarding cases of incest and I saw something that shocked me, a father and his son being together sexually!. I know about homosexuality and all which exists in countries where it's not even legalised including our very own Nigeria but being gay with your son? That's just the height of 'yucky' for me.
The one that made me finally decide to write this was the story I read about a Kenyan who sleeps with her father. According to her, she was the one who actually approached her father and that's how they started and her mum doesn't know about it. So the man sleeps with his daughter and wife. Funniest part is that his daughter prefers him to her boyfriend sexually. Yes, she was very specific, nothing to be ashamed of and they've been at it for four years so it's no bigdeal right?

Endtime, Endtime, Endtime is usually what backs up these kind of issues yea? I know crazy stuff happen when the end is near but this is just out of my imagination or is it that we're also awed at certain happenings but we have no explanation to them so we just use the endtime as an excuse because it's easier that way than analyzing the whole issue. These are just my opinions though and I'm open to other opinions so do not hesitate to share your opinion on this, do you think it's normal to engage in sexual relations with family members or do you agree with me that the family should be excluded when it comes to sexual relations?


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612

Comments

Unknown said…
No it's very abnormal to engage in anything sexual with relations. Even homosexuality is wrong, some people will say it's not a big deal and its still love and after all God is love. I was wondering about that until I stumbled on this bible passage and it just blew me away. It was like God cleared my doubt lol "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. (‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4‬:‭3‬ NIV)
So it's all wrong. Be it sexual relations with blood or with same sex
XPANCIATED EMMY said…
ITS AL BOUT PERCEPTION, IDEOLOGY, INFLUENCE, UPBRINGING AND MIND FLOW. ITS BCOS U ARE AWARE AND KNOW UR FAMILY MEMBER. IMAGINE UR GUY TURNS OUT TO B UR UNKNOWN BRODA, AFTA DOIN D DEED, AT DAT POINT OF KNOWING, U FIL BAD BUT B4 DEN, FUN. SO TO ME, IT AL BOILS DOWN TO PERCEPTION. NYC ONE UP DIA. KIP D BLOOD FLOWING
Unknown said…
There is nothing about it that can be considered even slightly normal. The END IS NEAR!
I understand the case of people who were never aware that the person was their relation and then stopped everything on realising but when you engage in sexual relations with your family member knowing fully well that the person is your family member, what do we call that?
Unknown said…
There is nothing about it that can be considered even slightly normal. The END IS NEAR!

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb