Skip to main content

The Male Bestie Situation


So I heard there are a lot of things wrong with having a male best friend, as a female. If the girl is single, their friendship might go beyond platonic and end up being together or their friendship might go sour as a result. Girls (some, not all) like to have more male friends than females because they think its less dramatic and has more quality. 
The last part though...

Some boyfriends don't even complain out loud but I heard they don't like it (low-key).

Some of the reasons I learnt was that
- She might start to make comparisons between her best friend and boo
- She might be very attracted to the best friend as he will end up being the relationship adviser et al
- She will most likely be with the person in vulnerable times for instance, when she has a fight with boo
Is this true guys?

Opinions of some guys include;
- She can have male friends but not a best friend
- She's not allowed to have a male best friend but he can have a female best friend because he doesn't trust the other guy
- Her bae should be her best friend not some guy
- She might end up leaving boo for the best friend
- She can become emotionally attached to the best friend
I know rightttt

Personally, I think some of the reasons are correct because as soon as I got out a relationship some years ago, the next person I dated was my best friend because it’s easier to be with someone who knows you to a reasonable extent and loves you anyway that start over with someone new (not enough reason I know #justsayingthough). 


So in the end, the best friends are always there regardless of what you go through but there should always be boundaries when its someone of the opposite sex. I also think it is not okay to stop being close to people just because you're in a relationship. Your partner should learn not to feel threatened by your friendships but you should listen should he feel something isn't quite right with your friendship with some guy.
Those are my opinions but what do I kuku know, tell me what you feel guys anddddd girls (drags stool).


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Instagram - @aanusol
Twitter - @odusolar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb