Skip to main content

Freedom Fighter or Terrorist?

     We all think Boko Haram is a terrorist group but that's only one way to look at it. One man's meat is another man's poison or better still let me say, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. I have no reason to support Boko Haram but let's analyze, shall we?

    I don't know exactly when Boko Haram started their operations because frankly I'm not a big fan of them and their operations. I hate violence but then I believe that if it should be used as a means to achieving anything at all, it should be the last resort.
     What I know about terrorists is that they want their voices to be heard and how can it be heard? It's through the public stunts they pull which include bombing of random places, kidnapping random children and all sorts. They're more direct sometimes in their approach by for instance, kidnapping one of the relatives of a prominent individual in the society say a politician just to make sure whoever they're directing it at knows what's at stake if their demands are not met.

     Boko Haram means Western education is a taboo if I'm correct, but I don't see them bombing the ministry of education, I mean, if you strongly believe western education is a taboo, why not attack those in charge of the educational policies of the country, just saying though. How would you expect me to be convinced that western education is a taboo if you still use the Internet, telephones, bombs, and guns? Aren't you supposed to be fighting with sticks and stones? Or don't you know all these things are the products of western education?

     As if that isn't bad enough, kidnapping innocent children, turning some of them into suicide bombers, some also into sex slaves, and they still don't wanna release these kids, are they not done proving their point?? What exactly is the point they're trying to prove, I guess we're still trying to figure it out.
     We've been made to believe that Boko Haram has the support of some politicians,so? Most terrorist groups have that. In fact, their operations can't be successful without some sort of strong back up. Some say their intentions their intentions are politically motivated while some say it's religiously motivated but I don't know what to think. A terrorist group is supposed to come out to the public or government and make their demands known so what do they want?

     If Boko Haram is a freedom fighting group, what are they trying to be liberated from? We thought they wanted an end to GEJ's regime and now it's over, can we have the girls back already or what again?
     They want schools to be eradicated or is it that they want only Arabic to be taught in school, I doubt it because when last I checked, not all Boko Haram members are Muslims and Hausas, there are Igbos and Yorubas amongst them and this just proves that it's not tribal. You want freedom? From what exactly? The West? If you don't want western education, why not exempt you and your generations from it instead of killing innocent people?

     I hope Boko Haram has the audacity to tell us as soon as possible what it is they really want and let's settle this on a round table not on the battlefield, maybe when that time comes, we can truly know if they're terrorists or freedom fighters.



Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612



Comments

Unknown said…
Everyone is still confuse about what they really want, no one knows the reason behind all this attacks but I'm sure of one thing they will be defeated soon.
Paul Newton said…
The heart of man is desperately wicked you know. Sometimes they allow themselves to be blinded with darkness.
The fact that they are fighting against western education is the beginning of their stupidity. Who does that? Who fight against nature or his own development.

Its because they lack education that's why they can be bent or used.
Sooner than we expect I hope
Exactly, it is true when they say that if you think education is expensive, try ignorance. All what's happening is the cost of ignorance.

Popular posts from this blog

Who Says There Are No Pervs In Church?

Dear OTTH readers, how are we? I spent my weekend resting and going through dorisaniunoh.blogspot.com, you know as a writer, one shouldn't depend on themselves, so every now and then, I go through other blogs because not only do I learn a lot from them, they also inspire me to write something. I love reading from Doris' blog because like me, she writes real life stuff, something I could actually relate to not how Davido got robbed and the likes. I've been meaning to write about this in a while but procrastination won't let me but today I have bound the spirit hence here it is. I'm certain we all know who a perv is but just incase we don't, perv is the shortform for the word "pervert" and it refers to someone who's sexually obsessed according to Google and that's about what it means so I guess we all get the picture and we'd understand better as we proceed. I've always thought pastors would at least act like pastors no matter the tempt...

Na From Clap, Dance Dey Start

Good morning my loves, welcome to 2016. This is our first post this year so I’m supposed to be very excited but the issue I want to discuss is not one that gives room for such excitement. Of course, I’m excited that you can read this right now, that you came all the way from 2015 into 2016. It wasn’t an easy trip but we’re all here finally. Thank you so much for your love. Now to the business of the day. In a world of women and men, yes I put women first because I’m a woman just in case you were wondering why or maybe you didn’t even notice, the fate of a woman depends on the woman not the man and this is no merlin line. I’m really hurt right now and I’m too hurt to not speak up. I’m not a romantic person for reasons I don’t know but for some reason I’m grateful for it. I’m saying this because I’ve seen what people call love in action and it makes me wonder if it really is love. I’m not going to dispute the fact that I’ve also made my mistakes, I mean, we all have our stupid moments ...

The Hustle Of Many Colors

We are all "hustlers" before we become "chillers" whether we want to admit it or not. Some of us are in the corporate world, some on the streets, some in market places and some are in places I can't name. Some of us are dressed in suits, some in rags, some are dressed casually while some are dressed in clothes I can't even classify under any of the aforementioned categories. When I see people put up pictures saying "Lord bless my hustle" or "Oluwa bless my hustle", I just say 'amen' on behalf of whoever put up the picture. I'm very emotional right now because I've seen hustle at its peak. I remember entering a bus somewhere, I was the only passenger in the bus. The conductor did everything possible to get more passengers but all his efforts proved abortive. The driver then said "sorry aunty, we no dey go, we no see passenger" and I had to go with another bus. I could see the disappointment on his face, I wished...