Skip to main content

How I Spent My Last Weekend

My weekend started fine until....Let me start from the beginning.

It started on friday, I went to bestie's place from work, she stays at Ikotun, Lagos. We gisted and all then decided to hangout for like an hour. We went somewhere that was cool at first until we ate the worst turkey peppersoup ever but it was all good since the food didn't matter as much as being around each other. We got home and had dinner (remember we're both foodies yea?), I had spaghetti, egg, snail and fish (dinner of life) then drank malt while Bisi had her best food, bread and tea which is like *ewwww* to me. I showered and rested well. It was a good night and I had a good night rest.

It was Saturday morning, cool morning we didn't want to get out of bed especially Bisi but hunger won't let us soo we began debating on what to eat. Our choices ranged from spaghetti bolognese to white rice to fried rice to amala, all of which we'd have to make so we chose the simplest out of laziness and it was white rice though Bisi sliced veges and all into it but I won't call it fried rice still.

We had breakfast and saw one of the Captain America movies, can't remember which one but I had seen it before. I slept after it and I'm sure my soul needed it because I didn't want to wake up but Bisi interrupted so I woke. After a while, I had to leave for my place and she wanted to do some shopping so we left together, we shopped and I took a bus home. It wasn't a straight bus home, I had to take another bus that would get me home and that was what inspired this write up.

First thing I noticed about this bus was that it had the shortest seats I had ever seen and even for a small-statured person like me, it was too low. I felt uncomfortable. I sat on the third row and I was the third person on the seat, there was a man by my right and two guys by my left.

The story begins now...

The two guys on my left were both listening to music separately in a very funny way, the one close to the window had earphones on but he was singing and dancing too while the one beside me on the left was listening to music on speaker, as if that wasn't bad enough, he put the phone close to his right ear which was close to my left ear. His choice of music was wayyyyyyy different from mine and he was singing along to make matters worse. As if infected by his partner, the other one on earphones detached his earphones from his phone and left the music playing on speaker so it was Pasuma beside me and Drake (local one) beside Pasuma, all live shows. I was boiling with anger but I didn't speak out because I wondered what I'd say if I tried opening my mouth so I kept mum.
After a while, I was engaged in a conversation with the man on my right concerning traffic and the routes. After a while, local Drake paused his music but Pasuma continued. The man beside me asked me if I knew whether local Drake and Pasuma were together and I said no then he decided to ask local Drake by himself and that one just shouted "nooooooo!!!!" in a way that implied he didn't want to associated with Pasuma at all in any way. What was the difference between both of them anyway but my lips remained sealed. Local Drake joined the discussion between I and Mr. Stranger but Pasuma gained some fans while we were talking although some people doubted his sanity. I wasn't finding it funny at all and I was very close to giving him a piece of my mind but I held myself back. As if it wasn't bad enough that I was sitting in a bus with the shortest seats, someone won't still let me enjoy my horrible trip in peace. This went on and on until his phone rang and the conversation was full of cuss words. After the call, he complained about his battery and in my mind I was rolling on the floor in appreciation but I was wrong, it didn't stop his live show, infact, it got better. He began singing along loudly on top of his voice and people were laughing and the laughter goaded him on but I seemed to be one of the few people who wasn't getting the joke or trying to get it.

This show went on for more than an hour until people started alighting at their bus stops and he got to his then I got to mine not long after thanking God for the strength to carry on even in the face of temptations. That was how my Friday and Saturday went, went to church on sunday, did laundry, cooked, slept, wrote this, prepared for monday and here we are. How did you spend your weekend?


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Says There Are No Pervs In Church?

Dear OTTH readers, how are we? I spent my weekend resting and going through dorisaniunoh.blogspot.com, you know as a writer, one shouldn't depend on themselves, so every now and then, I go through other blogs because not only do I learn a lot from them, they also inspire me to write something. I love reading from Doris' blog because like me, she writes real life stuff, something I could actually relate to not how Davido got robbed and the likes. I've been meaning to write about this in a while but procrastination won't let me but today I have bound the spirit hence here it is. I'm certain we all know who a perv is but just incase we don't, perv is the shortform for the word "pervert" and it refers to someone who's sexually obsessed according to Google and that's about what it means so I guess we all get the picture and we'd understand better as we proceed. I've always thought pastors would at least act like pastors no matter the tempt...

Na From Clap, Dance Dey Start

Good morning my loves, welcome to 2016. This is our first post this year so I’m supposed to be very excited but the issue I want to discuss is not one that gives room for such excitement. Of course, I’m excited that you can read this right now, that you came all the way from 2015 into 2016. It wasn’t an easy trip but we’re all here finally. Thank you so much for your love. Now to the business of the day. In a world of women and men, yes I put women first because I’m a woman just in case you were wondering why or maybe you didn’t even notice, the fate of a woman depends on the woman not the man and this is no merlin line. I’m really hurt right now and I’m too hurt to not speak up. I’m not a romantic person for reasons I don’t know but for some reason I’m grateful for it. I’m saying this because I’ve seen what people call love in action and it makes me wonder if it really is love. I’m not going to dispute the fact that I’ve also made my mistakes, I mean, we all have our stupid moments ...

The Hustle Of Many Colors

We are all "hustlers" before we become "chillers" whether we want to admit it or not. Some of us are in the corporate world, some on the streets, some in market places and some are in places I can't name. Some of us are dressed in suits, some in rags, some are dressed casually while some are dressed in clothes I can't even classify under any of the aforementioned categories. When I see people put up pictures saying "Lord bless my hustle" or "Oluwa bless my hustle", I just say 'amen' on behalf of whoever put up the picture. I'm very emotional right now because I've seen hustle at its peak. I remember entering a bus somewhere, I was the only passenger in the bus. The conductor did everything possible to get more passengers but all his efforts proved abortive. The driver then said "sorry aunty, we no dey go, we no see passenger" and I had to go with another bus. I could see the disappointment on his face, I wished...