Skip to main content

What Do You Want In A Man?

More often than not, I get asked this question by friends (guys mostly), those who want to date or just out of curiosity, and when I'm done mentioning what I want, I get the "you need Jesus or just create him" response, only a few usually believe I'm not asking for much but make me realise that its hard to find all the qualities you want in one man. We all want something in a man and our desires differ but when our (all ladies) desires in a man are compared, we'd see that we want almost the same thing.

What's wrong with a girl wanting a tall, dark(black is beautiful, not in a charcoal way tho') and handsome guy, not necessarily super cute but good-looking at least. I'm not a tall person, doesn't mean I'm short though, let's say I'm small hence I need a taller partner because I don't want dwarfs as children and I want someone I can stand on my toes to hug(awww,cute yh?). Okay, enough of the superficial attributes not because it doesn't count but because there's more to a relationship than how our partners look, let's go behavioral now.

Firstly, secondly, thirdly....one-zillionly, I want a man who is God-fearing because when you're God-fearing, you'd be honest, loyal, generous, forgiving, respectful...the list is endless. There are some other things I want too that can't be placed under being God-fearing, they will be discussed one after the other.

I want a man that can help out in the kitchen, like do the dishes while I cook *winks*. I want a man that can cook (not professionally but at least...), someone who can cook his own food when I'm not around not one that'd be eating out all the time or looking for other girls to cook for them. He should be able to cook for me when I'm tired or sick or when I just want him to. Speaking of cooking, I want someone who can make me breakfast in bed, ladies I'm sure you would agree with me on this or one who can make you lunch or dinner though breakfast in bed is very romantic *puppy eyes*. I want a man who is independent because some men are not. Most of our very young siblings are even more independent than some men. We don't want to babysit you all the time.

I want someone who's generous though I'm not materialistic but little things count. You don't have to be paying me twenty thousand naira per month, all I'm saying is little surprises here and there, doesn't cost much and yes, I'd do the same for you if you can do that for me. You being generous doesn't necessarily mean money or anything money related, you could be generous with your care and love but money counts too, it's not just the driving force.

I want someone who smells good. Let your scent make me want to hmmm hmmm, you know *smiles*. Don't be smelling funny all the time, it's okay if you smell funny as a result of too much sweat or stress but when it becomes a norm, I find it yucky. It's even better if you can have a particular scent I can recognize with my eyes closed.

Your dressing too matters a lot to me. You don't have to dress like a model but don't look funny by wearing clothes that won't fit or wearing stripes on stripes. Just dress well, be presentable. It's not just about having a fine face, what's the use of a fine face that can't look good in clothes? Just dress well, not necessarily designer clothes though but something not out of your way, be comfortable with whatever you wear.
I want someone who's clean, and organized but if you can't be the two, be clean at least because if you are organized but dirty, I can't deal. Besides, cleanliness is next to godliness. Be clean.

There's one part of being God fearing I want to emphasize on and I'm going to stop here. I'm a christian and I'd rather be with someone of the same faith. If you're a christian and a good one at that, then you should know that paying your tithe is very important. Malachi chapter three from verse eight up to twelve discussed the subject of tithing thoroughly. It's wrong to think you're making God rich by giving him your money (topic for another day) but please, pay your tithe so that the blessings associated with tithing will follow you.

This is not all I want though, I could go on and on and on but before I get the 'go create him yourself' response, let me rest my case.

Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612

Comments

Paul Newton said…
What if I tell you that I possess all these qualities and lot more?
Hehehe...to be frank though you said well, such guys are existing.
Hey I got something for you especuay ladies

Its normal as a lady to be clouded over the conviction that you are loved by someone whom you don't really know or understand.
Here are some facts that spells out a guy who truly loves you.
http://goo.gl/OtVjyF
Thank you, I'd check it out and I urge others to do same.

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb