Skip to main content

Something Deep You Must Read

Dear OTTH readers, I hope we're fine because I've never been better. Some weeks ago, I got "led" to writing something about rapture so I said I'll do it later then it skipped my mind(the power of procrastination, lol) but on friday, as I stood waiting for my bus to arrive, something told me it's time to write about it and that I must do it at that moment. Nevertheless, I had to wait for the bus to arrive so I could type without looking left and right for fear that my phone might be snatched. I'm not here to write about the vision I didn't see, I'm just a keyboard for these words aren't from my own brain.

Growing up as a christian wasn't really a spiritual thing for me, it was more of religion but I was actively involved in church activities and even represented my church in other churches for competitions like bible quiz and the likes and it was fun. Then I used to read my bible regularly, I was a God-Child. This is not to mean that I never did silly things as a child, I did a lot of them but most times, I had to beg God for forgiveness even as a child. As time went on, I stopped reading my bible and didn't even involve myself in church but it didn't seem so different from when I used to. I still loved God and asked him for favors which he did. I was very grateful too and I still am, I'm the kind of person who would thank God for a new top, a new shoe, whatever thing anyone else might take for granted has always been a bigdeal for me because I know that someone somewhere has no hope of getting them.

Sometimes I'm hot, sometimes cold, sometimes warm, you know the drill and I'm speaking spiritually not physically. Then whenever I went to church and the topic of rapture or the second coming of Christ comes up, there's always this fear in my heart and many thoughts come to my mind mostly negative and throughout that day, I keep confessing my sins and telling God I don't want to miss it. The feeling lasts for a while until my next sin, conscious or unconscious. Challenges keep coming and God helps me out everytime, believe me, I've been through a lot but thank God we don't look like what we've been through. God has always showed his unconditional love for me notwithstanding my sins. I fell in love with His awesomeness because no human being can stand me the way God can, I can only imagine Him falling in love with someone like me but this love is real, this love is great, I'm short of words already.
As time went on, I found God speaking to me on little things or so I thought they were. I first thought it was my guts but then I realized it wasn't because there are certain things I won't change on a norm. For example, I might be listening to music on my phone and one of my favorite songs comes up and I'm singing along then I hear something say, "change it" and I'm like, "you can't be serious" but the voice comes again and I'm like "*sigh* okay okay" then I give in. That's how it began, many more instances like why I'm writing this right now. I knew I was improving spiritually when I went to church one day and the sermon was about the end-time and you know where that kind of sermon leads, RAPTURE...I wasn't even scared or sober, I was confident like "mehn, can't wait" which wasn't my usual response. I didn't confess that day or even think about one million things and it didn't end there. I decided I was going to start my day with God and end it with Him through studying His word and praising Him. I told myself that if I wasn't going to feed my spirit then I shouldn't feed my body and for someone who likes food, it made me keep my word till date. I'm still very imperfect but I feel His presence all the time and that's all that matters because "one with God is a majority".
Often times, I hear people say they don't believe in God, who is God? Bla bla and even the ones that do sometimes don't believe in giving their tithes and other things I can't even imagine. I don't know what they feel though but I guess experience is the best teacher. The truth of the matter is, God is God whether you acknowledge it or not, rapture will take place whether you want it or not. God doesn't need you to make his decisions because making you was even his decision. You need God more than you need anything in the world, challenges come but those who stand with God scale through and shine. Once you have God in your life, everything is fine and you won't have to worry about going to heaven because when last I checked, heaven is the home of the saints. I don't know who's reading this, maybe it's because of you I'm writing this, maybe you've heard this before but please I want you to read and re-read. Create your own time with God, if it's two minutes in the morning to read a verse in the bible and say thank you Jesus, and do same at night, it's fine. You don't have to go to the mountain to be a child of God, you don't have to be perfect, it's a gradual process. Do whatever you can as long as it gets you closer to God. God bless you for reading and will bless you more for sharing. I love you but God loves you more.


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612


Comments

Unknown said…
Very deep but true. That's the reality. Bless your heart Aanu!
Unknown said…
Bless your insight dear
......we all will not miss out IJN

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb