Skip to main content

The Bike Rape...

Good morning dear OTTH readers, I'm sure we're excited that the weekend is almost here. Things are happening in Lagos and I'm here to talk about some of those things with emphasis on what I experienced on friday.

I've not been to a lot of cities in Nigeria but I've spent most of my years in Lagos and for someone who doesn't like like stress, it hasn't been a very good experience. I like being indoors too so the fun part of Lagos doesn't matter to me either hence Lagos = Stress. It's only in Lagos that it takes you 3 hours to get to a place that would take you 45minutes to get to without traffic. It's only in Lagos that the transport fare on a norm might be 50 naira to a particular but it changes with time.e.g. 6am to 5pm, the transport costs 50naira, 5pm to 8pm it costs 100naira, 8pm upwards, it costs 150naira. All because the drivers know when the demand is higher so they use it as a medium to gain more money knowing that their customers don't have a choice.

Bike riders don't make it any easier, they'll charge 200naira for a distance of 50naira just because it's late and they know buses might not be willing to ply the road because of traffic jam. I've heard funny bike experiences and I've had one in which a guy thought I was leading him on to do whatever just because I held him when the bike galloped and as a sharp guy, he responded by rubbing my thighs and he got the response he deserved. This experience was acquired in 2009 and so I thought everyone had upgraded therefore no more stupid bike attempts. Little did I know that the act was still very much in vogue as I've heard other stories recently until I had my own share, experience is indeed the best teacher.
On friday, I closed from work early so I decided to make my hair knowing I wasn't going to work early the next day. Where I was dropped was a bus or two from my place depending on the one that's available. I finished making my hair around 8pm then the search for a bus home began, I waited for more than 30minutes before I got a bus that was going to take me to where I would get the next bus home. On getting there, there was no bus home but there were bikes which were charging thrice the normal fare but it didn't matter as long as my goal was achieved which in this case was getting home safe.

People were rushing for bikes and since I'm not a person who liked that kind of struggle, I just allowed them rush and I hustled the way I could. Besides, I was just going home not like I was going somewhere in a hurry so why the rush? While waiting and walking up and down trying my luck for a bike, I hit my leg on a stone and a guy told me sorry so I said thank you. I'm saying this because the guy is the reason for this write up. I felt this guy's eyes on me as I walked up and down, he was dressed in a white "jalamia" or whatever it's called, he wore a white cap as well so I concluded he was a muslim. He had a "polybag" with him. He walked up to me and begged me for extra 50naira to add to his transport so I told him I didn't have change that I could only assist him if we took the same bike. I've been stranded before so I knew what it was like, that's why I didn't turn him away. This guy then took it upon himself to hustle for a bike for us and eventually succeeded after a lot of failed attempts.

We were on the bike and this guy was trying to adjust then told him I should help him hold his "polybag" which I politely declined because of gists I've heard (I can't come and disappear, lol). The journey continued and I could actually feel the guy loosening his trousers but what's my own? Is it my trouser? So I just kept calm. After some minutes, I could actually feel the guy thrusting behind me on top of the bike. I was dumbfounded, words were lost, I kept thinking if the guy was alright. I thought of pushing him off the bike, or telling the bikeman to stop, drop him off the bike and many more scenarios that came to mind. So I said let me chill, I'd soon be home, I was stressed and wasn't ready to create a scene. This guy now made it worse whenever the bike gallops, he thrusted faster then would say something like "aunty e kpele o" as if I was falling from the bike. I didn't say a word to him because I would have said a whole lot but something told me to let it slide, afterall, I was almost home. The funniest part was that the guy even sang along to one muslim song while doing the rubbish. I touched my back regularly to make sure he didn't "cum" on it because if it got to that point, "shit" would have gotten real. I finally got home so the bike dropped me across the road, I wasn't going to add the fifty naira for him anymore but I decided to be the bigger person so instead of adding the fifty naira, I just paid all. I didn't even look at his face as I walked away only for the guy to come to my front with the bikeman saying I should "loruko anobi ati Christi fun mi ni number yin(in the name of Mohammed and Jesus give him my number). I thought to myself "what insolence!!!" so I just shook my head because I thought if I didn't create a scene all the while, no point anymore.

On getting home, of course I prayed even while on the bike because I didn't know his motive behind the action but then again I thought I could have done something or insulted his life or perhaps gotten his number so I can arrange for him to be beaten later or that his manhood be cut off, many evil thoughts because I thought he deserved it. Tell me my dear readers, what would you have done if it was you? Please comment here or you can send me a mail @ odusolar@gmail.com if you're having difficulties commenting. Your comments are very important to me. I love you for reading and commenting.



Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612


Comments

Unknown said…
Hahaha this is interesting however he should av even beaten up!

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb