Skip to main content

My End Of The Year Note

Dear OTTH Readers, how are we? I'm very fine and I can smell 2016 already afterall it's just some hours from now so I guess I'd just use this medium to say merry Christmas in arrears and happy new year in advance. I hope we all "shouted out" to our uncles and aunties, class teachers, lol, don't mind me. I'm sure we remember those Christmas funfairs where kids shout out to their loved ones where some even cry while talking, it's very hilarious watching them. Okay, now to the reason we're here.
This year wasn't so bad for me though it didn't start so well but I have a lot to be thankful for and I'm going to share them with you. Let's start with the negatives so the story can have a good ending. For about half of the year, I was jobless which means I was frustrated, broke, you know the drill. Recently too, I lost my school's Vice Chancellor, Mrs. Esther Tchokatcheu who played a very important role in the process of my being a graduate today. It was a huge blow, I never expected it but who does really? May her soul rest in perfect peace.
Vice Chancellor and I, #convocation #cotonou
Now to the positives, after my joblessness for six months, I finally got a job with one of the best telecommunication companies in the world but guess what, my brother got a job with a prestigious organization just a week before I got mine, double joy yeah? That's not all. This year wasn't just good to I alone, it was good to my family as well because inspite of the economical issues in the country, I and my brother got jobs without connections and we also have an extra car. As if that wasn't fantastic enough, a lot of my friends are doing amazing stuff, everyone around me is moving forward and I'm just so proud of everything going on now.

This same year, I've met a lot of amazing people and not just amazing, also very talented, people like Rahman, Kennius Boggs, Westkhid, Anulika among others. I know it hasn't been easy to survive from January till now but think about it, there's something to be grateful for and if you can read this right now, you already have five things to be thankful for - your life, your brain, your sight, your hands and your device.
Anuli and I, on Christmas day
This is not to say that I’ve not lost friends this year and I don’t mean death this time. Infact, there are people I met this year and I’m no longer friends with, yes, it happens but this year, I can proudly say that the friends I have are the best. One of the major things I’m also thankful for is you, yes you who’s reading this. You know, when I started this blog some months ago, I didn’t expect this kind of turnout but you came and clicked on that link, not minding how much of your data was being consumed and read whatever you found on it, knowledgeable or not and some of you even went through the stress of commenting and some of you initially had issues commenting but you kept trying and as if that wasn’t mind blowing enough, some of you also went ahead to share my blog link with others and some even went to the extent of adding  it to the list of their blogs through their own blog.

I’m close to tears while writing this because you’ve shown me too much love, more than I deserve. Some of you I know personally, some I don’t but I’m grateful, you’ve made me feel special and you do that everytime you click on my blog link. I know broadcast messages are annoying but you don’t complain, you still read and some even go ahead to re-bc, I can never thank you enough for this love.

This post won’t be complete if I don’t mention the names of certain people who has made my 2015 worthwhile. Asides God and my family, my bestfriend – Abisiadura Oketa Rhoda is one person who has stood by me in very funny times, she’s the sister I never had, I’m her mother’s favourite child and she’s so jealous,  she doesn’t get tired of listening to me whine about everything and anything. We’ve been through a lot together, let me stop before I make this post about her, but baby, I want you to know that I love you and I’m willing to do this with you again in 2016.
Bestie and I, early this month #nooccasion
Another special person is Amaka Jasmine Obasi, my ride or die bae, I don’t know what I’d have done without you. This is someone who has my back either in my presence or absence. She’s my personal makeup artist and can go to war for me anytime, bae doesn’t chill as far as I’m concerned. I love you boobie.  Another bae I’d totally do 2016 with is my darling Mosebolatan Aishat Salami, the only one I wear the same size of everything with, my ride or die bae. She’s one of the most independent people I know apart from me. She has a vision and I won’t be surprised watching her on Aljazeera tomorrow, she’s inspires me always, bringing up opportunities we should take advantage of, wanting us to be better together, I love you babyyy.
Bola and I, on her birthday one day in july
Amaka and i, my pre-birthday makeover and photoshoot sometime in august
Now to the guys, the person on top of my weirdo-list is Adedamola Adeniyi, my cakebiscuit, hunnybuns, what else ooo, I know we fight and call each other ode but we just won’t stop being us, thank you for being here Damola. I love you and God bless you. Another person I totally love who won’t just get tired of me is Olawale Olorunlambe,  I call him Wale Enemy because this is one person who won’t stop getting on my nerves, he will never lie to me no matter what and I appreciate it, I love you and I’m sure he’d reply ‘I hate you’. Simon Bodam Bognet is one person who I’m very sure can take a bullet for me, I can proudly call him my brother for another mother because we went through a lot, Simon would never leave me until he’s sure I’m fine (even my brothers are not that nice sef). God bless you Simonchukwu, Thank You.
Damola and I, one day like that


Simon and I, #convocation #cotonou
Another amazing dude whose life I won’t stop disturbing is Adedayo Ajala, he calls me chicken because according to him, I act like one. This is someone who wants the best for me, he remembers everything I tell him, he won’t just let me stop being me, ‘don’t be like those Yoruba girls o’, I wonder which ones but yes, I won’t abi is it no, I won’t, lol, see why he calls me chicken, don’t worry, I’d just be Aanu, I love you Dayo.


I know I should probably dedicate a write up to all the amazing people in my life, don’t worry, I’m working on it. If I didn’t mention you, I’m sorry but please pardon me to mention  these people before I end this note, Thank you Westkhid who’s always wanting me to post on my blog every but time wouldn’t let me do that and to Kennius Boggs, just so you know, you inspire me as much as I inspire you. Francis Fapohunda, thank you for your friendship and your honest opinion concerning my blog most importantly and other issues. There are not too many honest people in the world today so I say Thank You. Newton Paul, thank you for the constant check up and reminding me about how different I should always be, God bless you.  Thank You all for making my 2015 worth it, I’d do this with you all over again in 2015.

It’s a new year in some hours from now and looking back on the events of this year, all I can express is gratitude to God who has always been the Lord of my life and to you who has always made me feel special. In 2016, I promise not to fail you, so help me God. Expect more truths, more love, more gratitude from me. God bless you as you enter into the new year. I love you.



Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612


Comments

Anonymous said…
Awwww I love you too
Paul Newton said…
OMG....I was just reading through and saying i no see my name...and if I no see my name I go call you Asap. Lol I am glad I made it to the list phew.
Thanks darl. You remain awesome and dapper. Happy New Year
Kennius Boggs said…
Me too, I was like, "If I don't see my name ehn, heaven and earth go shake!".... Na lie oh, whether my name was listed or not, I will be grateful to God for someone like you in my life. But as I now saw my name, as in see the blush nauw, and the grinning from ear to ear. Wow, I feel warm and fuzzy knowing that the great Aanu considers me a friend. Same here gurl, same here... A touching write up by the way, if I was a lady, I probably would be crying while reading it... :)
Unknown said…
Nice...refreshing...breath of fresh air!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb