Skip to main content

Doctors Or Pastors, Who's "Perv-er"?

Hey Hey, happy #throwbackthursday, I've decided to share a personal throwback story every thursday if I think it's interesting enough so we don't just get bored. My personal experience with pastors and doctors got me thinking about who the bigger perv is. This is not a generalisation though, I'm writing based on my experience. If you’ve not read about the pastor perv, please click here and here so you can understand this gist better and analyze based on that. The first time I heard about doctors being pervs, I was amazed because I thought that they were in the business of seeing different kinds of bodies so why would they be pervs? But then I thought again that seeing different kinds of bodies might just lead to wanting them all the time because people differ from each other.

The story begins…..

I met Deji through Fatima, my friend. Deji happened to be Fatima’s cousin who was looking for “something serious”, something Fatima thought I could offer but apparently, she didn’t know the kind of “something” he was looking for, maybe she thought it was the “something” we ladies talk about which is quite “awww-ing”. So I and Deji started talking, he was a doctor in the making, bla bla, the only thing I didn’t like about him was the fact that he was fat and had bow-leg but he had sense or so I thought. I wasn’t going to consider his proposal seriously though because he was fat in a way that I couldn’t deal but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with having a fat friend ba? Exactly what I thought.

So we talked and talked and the day came for us to meet then I chose the location as usual, someplace in the middle of where we both stay though because I’m very considerate. I was supposed to get there before him or maybe the traffic-free road deceived me but I told him I was almost there and I didn’t like waiting but unfortunately (for him, not me), he had to wait for me because one devilish traffic jam started when I was almost there. We met and it made a lot of sense except for the fact that he was fat but he was good company. He gave me 1,000 naira as transport fare back home. He asked about when we would see again and I responded with my automatic “I don’t know”.

Prior to this meeting, Deji wanted me to be his date to a dinner party that was going to hold at his school but I didn’t have a dinner dress and I told him so. He was willing to send me 5,000 naira to get a dress since I said I won’t be able to attend if I didn’t have a dinner dress and I wasn’t ready for that kind of expense at the time. I told him I wasn’t sure I would attend yet since it would be our first meeting and I thought it was not a good idea to meet someone for the first time at a night party, I didn’t tell him that though but that was what I had in mind. He asked for my account number a couple times but I told him not to send the money yet since I wasn’t sure I was going to attend. However, there was another party that was to take place before the dinner party that required a customised vest for everyone, he paid 2,000 naira for that for me even though he was aware I wasn’t going to attend, true love yea?

One day, I was going to be around his school for a particular purpose so he asked what I was going to be doing after what I was going for, I told him I would be going straight home because I hadn’t had breakfast so I would have to go eat lunch as soon as I was done. He then suggested that we should have lunch that he knew a nice “amala” joint so I said okay. As much as I’m a foodie, I don’t go around eating from just anyone anyhow besides I love cooking as well and if I have to eat out, then I should have money.

On this particular day, I saw a long-time crush in the bus I entered so he paid my bus fare and even gave me extra money to get to my destination. On getting to my destination, I saw two people I knew and both gave me transport fare when I was leaving so I had extra money asides the 1000naira I left home with and remember that I’ve not spent out of my own money yet. I’m saying this because of something I’m going to mention as we go on in this gist.

When I was done with what I went for, I “branched” his school, it took him about 30 minutes to get to me and I was so furious because I was very hungry and tired coupled with the fact that I hated waiting, I even had to walk into a fast food restaurant to get a drink instead of just standing around, his majesty eventually came and we went to the “booka”. We ate and when we were done eating, he said he wanted to get something at the hostel, after paying of course. I waited for him there while I watched Trace Tv since the “booka” had DSTV and for someone who loves music like me, no wait is too long with the right music. I didn’t even notice how long it took him until he came back and asked if I wasn’t angry that it took a while but I said no, not like I had to stand under the sun.

I told him I wanted to leave, he said he thought I was going to stay a while at least to show me his hostel and all and I was wondering if that was part of "lunch". I politely declined and went home. That was the event that changed everything because he asked when he would see me again, I said I wasn’t sure when.  He said he was in for something serious just like Fatima said earlier but the only problem I had was that he was FAT and I couldn’t deal with it so I told him how I felt without laying emphasis on his size. I told him I wasn’t ready for what he wanted; I wanted to work on myself, my independence most importantly. I like to own my stuff so I won’t have to beg from someone else. He said it didn’t matter, that I had to start from somewhere which was quite true but you and I both know why I said no ba? Good students.

All of a sudden, my nigga began to give attitude; I could feel it even though I couldn’t see him. He started putting up funny display pictures, well, I caught my "sub" and I couldn’t overlook it so I deleted him, cruel yea? I just don’t like it when someone can’t tell me when they have issues with me and they start “sub-ing” me on social media. He called a couple times and I ignored, then he came on to me on whatsapp and accused me of lying about being close when I wasn’t on the first date. As if that wasn’t bad enough, he also accused me of coming to see him just for food at his school- this was the day I had a lot of extra money and even if I didn’t, I could still afford to buy food with my money besides what else is lunch about if not food? Afterall, I was going to go home to eat but he suggested lunch, I didn't bring it up. If I was after whatever little money he had, I'd have made him send me the money for the dress and still turn down the offer but I didn't do that.

I told him food wasn’t my problem and I was really tired so I couldn’t hang around for a bit more besides, the arrangement we had was to have lunch, nothing more. He then told me it wasn’t nice meeting me at all and that I was the worst person he had ever met and he wouldn’t even pray for his enemy to meet someone like me and before I could say any other thing, my nigga had blocked me on whatsapp. I thought that was the end and he was truly hurt and all, not like I cared though. He had insulted me beyond reasoning and he probably clapped for himself after it. It wasn’t the end like I thought because there was one more encounter and it happened just few months after the first. That was when I realised that people can do anything to get anything.

To be continued……………………..

Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612
E-mail - odusolar@gmail.com


Comments

Unknown said…
Im I the only one nt seeing anything "pervy" is his actions he was just unnecessarily rude
Anonymous said…
His actions weren't quite pervy bt immature. Of one who doesn't really know how to go abt wat he wants. When u say pervy, its more or less abuse of office or using one's position to take advantage of one who is more or less vulnerable.
Notwithstanding though, keep up the good write-ups and remember, we love u for writing��
Thank you, wait for the concluding part of the story,lol.
Paul Newton said…
Lol Anu you mean Sha oooo...it takes a brave dude to break into your chest and claim your heart. But ehya....fat dude could just hold on for someone to love his fat self

There are girls who would dig and drool on him if Anu doesn't give two fucks lol

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb