Skip to main content

The Mom-stitute

Things happen and when I say things, I mean things. We usually attribute strange happenings to the ‘end-time’. We call them signs of the end-time. The other day I wrote about the girl who said she sleeps with her father because he was very sexy and satisfies her in bed even more than her boyfriend and also because he gives her a lot of money. What surprised me about her story was that she was the one who actually approached her father for this affair and the man agreed. You can click here to read in case you missed out on the story. Just when I thought that was very infuriating, I didn’t know that worse things actually happen and I mean WORSE things. That was what inspired this story.

So I read a story on naira land about a woman who sleeps with her son because her boss said she should if she wants to keep her job. According to her, she had no other source of income so she just had to do his bidding to survive. Before she did it, she discussed it with her son whom she had started living with and he agreed to it. Her son wasn’t a ‘child’ he was a man in his late thirties or early forties and he had his own job separately. This is to mean that it wasn’t forced, it was a consensus they both reached in order for her to keep her job. The boss came around to watch them do it once in a while. As far as I’m concerned, that’s the height! I’ve heard about all forms of incest due to lust, bla bla or maybe as ‘signs of the end time’ but for money?

How bad could it be? How important could the job be? How stupid could one be? How much could the salary be? How senseless could the son be? Rhetorical questions ba? I thought so too. Consider another scenario; the boss says her job is over except she sleeps with her son regularly for as long as she wants to keep her job, she gets irritated by the suggestion and willingly resigns. She explains the situation to her son who also has a job that both of them could at least manage with, he tells her she had done the right thing and they strive to survive in such a cruel world.
I told a friend this and she told me that for her boss to be able to bring up such a suggestion means that something must have been going on between them both even if it’s not sexual but apparently he had a strong hold on her. There are some people who are very ‘sick in the head’ and can bring up certain outrageous suggestions when it comes to issues that should be dealt with more tact. Even when someone insinuates such an abominable act, it’s up to the receiver of the information to either reject or accept the suggestion.

Someone else I talked to about it said it might be a set up from the son. He said the son might be trying to ‘use’ his mother spiritually for something. To that, I have nothing to say. I’m just amazed that a mother would sleep with her own son not out of lust which is the cliché one we know about but for money. When a female does that, it’s called prostitution but in her case, I’d rather call it mom-stitution. Isn’t it even better to go into proper prostitution with people who are not blood related and still be a mother, I mean an actual mother? Not a mother-bae.

I’m short of words now so I would leave it to you to tell me what you think about it. Sleeping with ones son for money a let’s go area or a no go area? What do you think?

Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2BC07AB1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb