Skip to main content

The Curve - Episode Five

Hey Heyy, it's another episode. If you've not read any of the previous episodes, kindly click here to do so in order for you to enjoy this episode. Thank you very much for reading and comments, I love you. Okay, let's proceed.

“Hello, good afternoon”, there was no response from the other end but he could hear voices underground; “hello, can you hear me?” he repeated, then a response came when he had almost given up, “HELLO, who’s this?” in the most “agbero-ish” voice he had heard but did it matter? “Good afternoon, are you Shegzy?” to which he got a “Yes, what do you want?” convinced that he was speaking with the right person, he quickly said, “I need your help and it’s not something we can discuss over the phone” he said quickly just in case someone decided to eavesdrop. “Ok, when and where can we meet?” They concluded on a place and time and the call ended almost immediately.

“Hey Honey, how are you?”, “I’m fine bae, missing me?” said Kunle, "Yeah, I can't wait for to be home, what would you like to eat?" she said. "I'd like to eat you" he said like a natural romantic, "okay, me it is then, just come home soon because baby misses you" she said rubbing her tummy with her left hand. "Alright love, see you soon, let me finish up". "At least he wouldn't reject me anymore which works for me since my plans can still stand. Thanks to my Father-in-law and Pastor Goke for intervening in our issues, I don't know where we would have been. Its a good thing Kunle accords a lot of respect to his father and our pastor, it yielded good results and the results are going to get better when I'm done executing my plans" she thought to her self.
Once a cheat, always a cheat. That's my sub, infact it's both our subs and by "our" I mean Jane and I. As much as I love...no, loved, no, partly love Jane, I still don't see myself being with just her. Not after everything that had happened besides, I had Ronke and I wasn't ready to "un-have" her for a woman I wasn't sure was totally mine. The reason behind her recent change though I'm still trying to decipher. Maybe it's because of Dad and Pastor's talk with us, I just pray it is as I'm beginning to suspect her. She hasn't been this nice to me in a very long time but I'm liking it, I might end up leaving Ronke for her, I just might. I'm still going to deal with that bastard ex-bestfriend of mine though. If Jane misbehaves, she might share the punishment with him but I pray she doesn't. I just pray.

"Hi, are you Shegzo?", "Yes, I am", "Okay, I called you earlier saying I needed your help", "Ohh, that was you?" "Yes, it was" he said quite surprised that Shegzo could speak fluent english and also dressed very corporate, just the "agbero" voice spoilt everything but who cares? As long as he could provide what he wanted. "So why do you want us to kill him?" Shegzo asked looking at the picture of the deadman-to-be, "I'd like to keep that to myself" he said diplomatically. "Ok then" Shegzo said after which they concluded on a price and departed.

On his way home, he got her favorite perfume, he knew she would love it. He wasn't trying to be nice or something but if she was making efforts, he should reciprocate at least. She had really changed, like a lot and he was scared because it was just too good to be true. He couldn't count the number of times they'd made love in the past few days and he was sure there was another session awaiting him. He'd figure out sooner or later the reason for her sudden change but he would enjoy it while it lasted.

"Kunle should be home in 20 minutes", she mentally calculated as she stood up to change her outfit into something sexier than what she was wearing. Not long after, she heard his car horn, James, the gateman attended to that immediately. They had gotten a gateman when no one became sure of the other's movement since they weren't on talking terms. It was a good thing they now have James, he was useful for other things too, especially to Jane. Kunle got into the house and found Jane looking as gorgeous as as as...she hugged him back to reality. He couldn't resist so he began to kiss her deeply and was about undressing her when they heard a knock.

"Were you expecting someone?" they both asked almost at the same time to which the "No" response was given. "Let me get the door", Jane said. The figure she saw on opening the door startled her. Of all people, Segun? "How did he get my address?" she thought. Segun broke the awkward silence and asked if she lived there to which she replied "Yes, it's my house". She couldn't just stop thinking about why Segun was visiting them knowing his past that led to him being jailed for several years. Kunle had to check on Jane because she was taking too much time to join him in the bedroom and he hadn't even given her the gift he got her. Kunle seeing that Jane was conversing with someone had to move closer, Segun brought out the gun and hit Kunle with it making him unconscious. Jane panicked but Segun had to leave, he couldn't bring himself to do the job, his life story wouldn't be complete without Jane in it. She was too important and this wasn't the right time to do it, anytime was right but now.


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2BC07AB1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb