Skip to main content

The Curve - Episode Three

I know we've missed this series (believe me, I did too) hence the third episode. For those of us who hasn't read any of the episodes, you can read episode one here and episode two here as well so you can understand this episode. Now that you've done that, let's proceed...

I knew I wasn't morally justified to yell at Janet because I'm a cheat, but if she had to get back at me for my flirting, Cole wasn't the right candidate. Nice play Janet, real nice play. I had been driving for Lord knows how long, no destination in mind, truth be told, I had a blank mind. Ronke! Her name rings like a dining hall alarm in my head, her seductive face and ways tingles the "sinner man" in me. I had to see her immediately. She's like a virus in my blood. Once her type gets into a man's life, there's no going back as its fight to the finish.

Sipping a glass of red wine in her well furnished apartment after surprising her with a call asking for directions to her house. Before you judge me, be aware that I just needed someone to talk to, I've had enough of extra marital issues for one day. I haven't invested into the affair with Ronke, it's just sex and nothing more. Now's the time to invest! "Ronke tell me about your love life" I ask "You can't tell me you've been emotionally broken since day one, can you?" I chirped in laughing. She smiles and goes on to give me detailed info on her life before she became my “straff” buddy. "I was raped by my brother at age of 7, it's tormenting when your 15 year old brother pins you down, and aggressively takes the pride of a young girl. Not satisfied with the abomination, he did it every day for 4 years till he was caught" I stare blankly at her and mutter a dry "I'm sorry". "Thank you babe". Babe? Did she just call me babe? (Kunle you don enter, I tell myself). "Back to my story, my last relationship lasted 4 years. David was a dog, slept with almost every woman who came his way. The last straw was when I caught the bastard pleasing another man's genitals with his tongue". "Good Lord Ronke you've been through a whole lot" I resort. "Yes I have, gave up on being a good woman and took on the slut I am right now. But that was until I met you. Kunle I love you". That confession was sealed with a blissful kiss.

Sex that night was different, it wasn’t sex, it was lovemaking with all to lose and all to gain. I'm currently facing a dilemma, I love my wife, but have a deep affection for my secretary. What I'm I to do? My relationship with Ronke can't last a lifetime, that I know. To savour the moment and damn the consequences? Or be logical and responsible? She also cheated, but hers is more painful. With my best friend, talking about that useless man called Cole, he was my ride or die, my blood, we was fam. Well time to take revenge Mr Cole.

I woke up to my alarm tune "Jagaban". This house isn't how it was a short while ago, no love, no happiness, and no apologies. We've become strangers under the same roof, we don't talk, we don't even eat together. Me no send at all. Iyalaya anybody, this is interesting to say the least, we're just estranged and it's a game at least to me. It's fight to the finish. I'm not being childish or anything, but she didn't give an explanation about her and Cole. She's making the move, she wants to perform her wifey duties bedroom-wise, I'm having none of that as my Ronke was sufficient for me. We've even been going out on dates, exchanging notes and love letters like teenagers with raging hormones and I'm loving the moment while it long lasts.
I'd like to play the blame game right now. I never intended to cheat, it wasn't a plan. She made me do it. Her cold ways and loveless state made me see juicy babes as juicy, not just as humans. Now it's all crumbling down. The castle walls can't hold still anymore. I still feel for her, but why Cole? Why my best friend? She couldn't let him go? Well...you know what they say about your "first" right? These questions got me thinking like a mad man.

A tap on my door brought me back to reality, it's my father (yes I do have a family other than that bandit of a wife, thank you) *rolls eyes like Olosho wey no collect complete money*. I forgot to tell you that I'm from an influential family. Money has never been a problem, (even Sarkodie got nothing on us),turns out the poor man has missed me all along. He's inviting us (the plus 1 is Janet) for a dinner. That money smelling kind of party. Janet and I did put up a nice appearance touching each other, holding hands, smiling and even pecking quite a number of times (had to rinse my mouth with mouthwash cos you never know what Cole has been pumping into her mouth).

The past 3 months in my house has been as cold as a new refrigerator, silent, and without emotions. Ronke and I got really well, both on and off duty *winks*, Cole called me once to offer an apology and possibly a meet up to which I wasn't yielding, I also caught his missed calls to Janet twice, heard her laughing over the phone a number of times which was new. Everything is in total disarray down here. No one cares, no one gives a hoot about the other.

Making money and more money had been my distraction, driving back home I thought to myself, if Cole can do this to me openly, he's capable of killing me. Dwelling on the subject of kill it won't be a bad idea to end Janet's relationship with Cole with a grave. Shebi it's till death do us part? My phone rings, caller happens to our family doctor. Dr Nathan never pays courtesy visits or calls to me. What's different today. "Hello Dr Nathan, this one you remember me today, e be like say Buhari dey share money abi?" I greet him laughing. One thing I like about him is his sense of humour. "Noo my brother, this one wey dollar don reach 400 Naira, I called to congratulate you." I'm confused so I quickly park "congratulate me? How so?" I ask. "Mr Kunle, you'd soon be a father, your wife is 6 weeks pregnant. Good luck, I have to go now. Remember to pop champagne ooo". A dry "thanks doctor" was all I could mutter. How can she be pregnant? I haven't touched her in 3 months. Cole! The bastard! It's his seed that's inside my wife. I wouldn't take this lying low. Akinwale Cole had to die for ruining my home and bringing shame and disgrace to me, I knew just the guy for the job. I search my phone book for a name, Lanre. The deal must be done soon. "Goodbye my friend, see you in hell"



Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2BC07AB1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb