Skip to main content

The Male-stitute

The other day, I wrote about “The Hustle Of Many Colors”, you can click here to read. In that post, I talked about different kind of hustles except one which I omitted on purpose as I saw it as a topic for another day and I think today is the day. I decided to write about this when I read an article on nairaland about guys who prefer sugar mummies to young girls with great emphasis on SUGAR MUMMIES.

According to them, a sugar mummy knows what she wants and how she wants it unlike young ladies. Advocates of the sugar mummy 'thingy' also made it clear that sugar mummies hardly complain about everything unlike young ladies who whine over almost everything. They also believe that young girls have financial demands that need to be met while the reverse is the case with sugar mummies who even meets their own financial demands when all they have to do in return is wow them sexually.
We could go on and on with the benefits of being with a sugar mummy as against being with a single young lady but then have we tried examining the disadvantages of such relationship? It is no news in our very own Nigeria and other parts of the world that destinies of a lot of young men have been jeopardised as a result of their involvement in such a relationship. The hustle is real, very real and it's real everywhere. As the ‘sharp’ guys are trying to get more cash, so are the sugar mummies. You just can’t be so sure that all you’re giving in return is sex; you might be giving out a lot more than you bargained for.

This isn’t to mean that all sugar mummies use ‘jazz’, some women are just sex-starved or not satisfied with what they’re getting from their spouses or their sex partners. A lot of sugar mummies are highly influential and wealthy too. If they weren’t, you wouldn’t be with them. But have you considered the consequences of getting caught by her husband or whoever she’s ‘with’? You could be badly wounded or even killed. And since they're usually either wealthy or influential or both, your death would most likely never be traced back to them. No one even wants to die for love talk less of a relationship that is based strictly on benefits.

I remember reading about one guy who 'scammed' his sugar mummy and ran away, she found him out and killed him as punishment. It then got me thinking if it was really worth dying for. This is not to mean that evil befalls everyone who indulges in such act, of course, a lot of people get away with it. I just believe that there are lots of way to acquire success other than some things we do like the subject being discussed. The fact that you want to have more more, live in a luxurious apartment, own the best clothes and shoes should even inspire you to work harder and I mean actual hard work. The one God adds blessings to, it's safer and adds more value to your life. You might not "get rich quick" as planned but you'd hustle with pride and definitely have God's blessings.



Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2BC07AB1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb