Skip to main content

Long or Short, How Do You Like It?

Long or short, how do you like it? The answer to that question largely depends on our preferences. Personally, I like it short but not too short. Now, you're probably wondering what I'm talking about, I'm talking about relationships. Like people say, it's not how far but how well. As much as I subscribe to that statement, I don't believe it should be too far. It surprises me when I listen to interviews of couples and they reveal that they dated their spouse for 8years, 10years, even 11years. I'm like dfghjhgfdsdi? Why? Two to three years isn't enough to decide if oomf was "the one"? It is understandable though if they started dating in secondary school but as an adult, biko what are we doing? The ones that even end up with that person they dated for "forever" is even better, how about those ones who do not get married eventually?

I know a broken relationship/engagement is better than a broken marriage but if we're going to break it anyway, isn't the earlier, the better? Why would you have to wait six years to break it off? By six years, I mean, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 long lengthy years to tell oomf you're no longer interested after all the time, energy, and material things that has been invested in the relationship? I don't get it still. An instagram post inspired this write up, not like I've not been thinking about how people date for 5years plus but then, the post just made me see reasons why this should be posted. Instead of telling us the genesis to revelation of the story, I'd rather post the screen shots here so you can read it the way it was narrated by the "horse".

The guy's narration;




The lady's curses;



Now that you've read the shots, do you think it makes sense to wait that long before deciding it was time to call it quits? After all the abortions? Investments? No, I'm not saying that he should marry her because she had committed four abortions for him or because she and her family "made" him but then, why let someone do so much when you knew you weren't ready to take it to the next level? And now, she had to curse him. Whether the curse is binding or not, she has cursed him from the depth of her heart. Before a woman can curse someone she used to love, it must have gotten to the height and I mean the HEIGHT. I'm not justifying the curse but then, things like that make people commit murder even when they're fully aware of the consequences of the crime. It hurts, wasted time is better than wasted money or so they say. Only those whose time has been truly wasted can deeply understand my previous statement. Six years, nothing productive to show for. He realised it was out of pity not love after six years and it took meeting someone else to know that yeah?

It's sad really, God sees their hearts and knows how to deal with them (HIM mostly). Do you think he "used" her to be great, I mean, her family had invested in him and all so he couldn't end it in between because he might stop getting the benefits attached to being with her? I'm just saying though. Or maybe he didn't really love her but after doing everything for him, he thought leaving her was cruel so he didn't want to? he probably realised this maybe two years into the relationship but my nigga had to wait 6 long years to gather courage from the north, east, west, and south before ending it. Or she didn't see the signs? She gave to much and expected much? To whom much is given, much is expected yeah? This is why you shouldn't give too much so that even if you get nothing in return, there would almost be nothing lost. Four abortions is too much for one person. I'm not going to judge the act of abortions but if you must, I believe you shouldn't make the same mistake twice. One abortion is enough for a lifetime in my own opinion, the next pregnancy should be left to mature hence having sex with caution or not at all (if you can).

Truth is, nobody deserves so much on no solid grounds. Yes, get engaged, walk down the aisle, then you can give your life savings to the person. You won't feel too bad, because there were "grounds", it would have been understandable. Love is never enough, never have, never is, never will. Love is one thing, commitment is another. If you're both committed, please get married. If you don't feel the person is right for you, please, walk away and walk away early. The earlier the better. Don't wait for 2 years if you are already feeling "funny" at 6 months, there would be less damage done. Everybody will be happy...eventually and probably find their one true love later. Its okay if you're not that one true love, you'll find yours. Respect people who leave you before it got too deep, than those who met your ancestors and still left you. No point.


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2BC07AB1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb