Skip to main content

Public Display Of Affection

Public display of affection which I'm going to refer to as PDA throughout this write up are acts of physical intimacy in the view of others according to wikipedia. Acts such as kissing, holding hands, hugs, amongst others (it could be worse .e.g. heavy petting). People practice PDA for a lot of reasons ranging from making other people jealous of their love life to showing off to mention a few. In my own experience (not directly though), most people who engage in them are usually not as happy as the ones who do not. Ironically, people mistaken public display of affection for true love and sometimes even wish to have that kind of thing going for them without considering how it could be for the couple behind closed doors. This is why I personally do not believe a relationship is based on true love just because I see a couple acting all lovey-dovey in public. Yes, they could even act porn together, doesn't make a difference if they're not still "in love".

Some people might barely look at their partners enough to notice how good-looking they are or if they changed their hair or if the outfit they have on is nice but when they're out there in front of the whole world, they create the perfect picture. They make you feel so awwwwwwwww-ed, you secretly wish you could get something like that (if you're single) or that your partner could do all that with you in public (if you're in a relationship) not knowing that you might even have a better thing going than they do. This doesn't mean that people who engage in PDA are not truly happy in their relationship but the percentage of those who are not are higher than that of those who really are, in my own opinion though.


This is because often times, people automatically try to show everyone around them that their life is perfect hence unnecessary show off. Surprisingly, a lot of people don't care about what you do with your life or love life. Even the ones that care just want to be sure that you're truly happy with the relationship you're in. So who are you showing off for? Oh, to make others jealous I remember but some people find it rather irritating than romantic. But then people are different, one man's meat...you know the rest. I personally do not see anything wrong with hugging and holding hands with your partner in public but kissing and the likes in public isn't something I consider "awww-ing". A lot of people consider it romantic and that's why they engage in it but being romantic isn't always about "touch" is it?

I vividly remember seeing a guy fondling a lady's breasts, the lady who seemed to be his girlfriend was on a motorcycle while he was standing and fondling. She was giggling and I thought it was strange until I saw more and more of that happen to other people. The lady and guy in question walked together to the junction where she proceeded to take a bike which most likely means that they were coming from the same place where they probably already had a session of romance but it didn't seem to be enough as he had to give her boobs one final touch, he was going to miss them.

They might have not done that for show off or to make anyone jealous, maybe they couldn't just get their hands off each other. Of course some people can't get their hands off each other wherever they are but that's where self control comes in as there are one million and one other things you can engage with your partner asides anything sexual. That's another subject for discussion, definitely not today's. All I've mentioned is only my opinion. Do you have a contrary opinion? Let's us know by dropping your comments and remember, I love you for reading.



Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2BC07AB1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Says There Are No Pervs In Church?

Dear OTTH readers, how are we? I spent my weekend resting and going through dorisaniunoh.blogspot.com, you know as a writer, one shouldn't depend on themselves, so every now and then, I go through other blogs because not only do I learn a lot from them, they also inspire me to write something. I love reading from Doris' blog because like me, she writes real life stuff, something I could actually relate to not how Davido got robbed and the likes. I've been meaning to write about this in a while but procrastination won't let me but today I have bound the spirit hence here it is. I'm certain we all know who a perv is but just incase we don't, perv is the shortform for the word "pervert" and it refers to someone who's sexually obsessed according to Google and that's about what it means so I guess we all get the picture and we'd understand better as we proceed. I've always thought pastors would at least act like pastors no matter the tempt...

Na From Clap, Dance Dey Start

Good morning my loves, welcome to 2016. This is our first post this year so I’m supposed to be very excited but the issue I want to discuss is not one that gives room for such excitement. Of course, I’m excited that you can read this right now, that you came all the way from 2015 into 2016. It wasn’t an easy trip but we’re all here finally. Thank you so much for your love. Now to the business of the day. In a world of women and men, yes I put women first because I’m a woman just in case you were wondering why or maybe you didn’t even notice, the fate of a woman depends on the woman not the man and this is no merlin line. I’m really hurt right now and I’m too hurt to not speak up. I’m not a romantic person for reasons I don’t know but for some reason I’m grateful for it. I’m saying this because I’ve seen what people call love in action and it makes me wonder if it really is love. I’m not going to dispute the fact that I’ve also made my mistakes, I mean, we all have our stupid moments ...

The Hustle Of Many Colors

We are all "hustlers" before we become "chillers" whether we want to admit it or not. Some of us are in the corporate world, some on the streets, some in market places and some are in places I can't name. Some of us are dressed in suits, some in rags, some are dressed casually while some are dressed in clothes I can't even classify under any of the aforementioned categories. When I see people put up pictures saying "Lord bless my hustle" or "Oluwa bless my hustle", I just say 'amen' on behalf of whoever put up the picture. I'm very emotional right now because I've seen hustle at its peak. I remember entering a bus somewhere, I was the only passenger in the bus. The conductor did everything possible to get more passengers but all his efforts proved abortive. The driver then said "sorry aunty, we no dey go, we no see passenger" and I had to go with another bus. I could see the disappointment on his face, I wished...