Skip to main content

Let's Talk About Your Bodycount

At the start of any relationship, body count of either partner doesn't seem to matter but unless you're married to your boyfriend or girlfriend (first love), then it's most certain you'll end up dating someone who's had sexual relationship with a few people(depending on your definition of few). 

You'll agree with me in this current generation, teenagers have sex at quite an early age and with different partners (reason is a topic for another day). You'll most likely expect your partner to have body count but not on the high side. So it raises a few eyebrows when you find yourself in such circumstance especially when the high count belongs to the woman (not saying men don't have). Some desire to know their partner's body count for moral reasons and to some it's to know their partner's past.

So I'm going to share some opinions and I hope it helps when we eventually have this talk in our relationships

Women Count, Men (Not Always)

Most women(but I feel all) can tell you exactly how many male partners they've slept with and unless she's a professional prostitute or a (nympho), then every woman knows how many she's been in bed with.

Women just do so by default because they are more emotional about this than men are. Even when it's not just more than a sexcapade or done under the influence of alcohol. Men on the other hand also count but it will take a man a longer time to answer or give his body count than it will take a woman. Men mostly do the thing and forget unless for a few useless ones that count getting a ‘head’ sef as sex. Men will probably remember the ones they got attached to and the ones with good experienced (even though the one-offs) but can't remember all most times.



Women Lie, Men Hardly Do (I guess you’re feeling fly now)

As we know our Nigerian culture doesn't allow women to have multiple sexual partners before and even after marriage, most women often lie about their body count or totally avoid answering in some cases. Most women feel the need to reduce or lie about their body count so as to keep their current partner or fear of losing him(make market no spoil) which may happen if they come clean with the right value of their body count. 

And for the men, most women are even scared of asking for their men's body count for the fear of knowing and some won't even believe your answer when they eventually ask you. When the count is too high, he's making it up and when it's too low, you’ll hear (you that girls follow you up and down). Men really have no cause to lie since the society doesn't really frown at men having multiple sexual partners and to some it's a bragging right.

Be Prepared, Anything Can Happen

As the issue of body count seems to be an unavoidable topic, it will do us much good when we're prepared for what's coming when we ask the question. For those fortunate to be in a relationship with a virgin, they have no worries otherwise, we all get to be with people who have had sex with other people in the past. I have to say having a high body count doesn't make one a lesser person compared to those with low body counts but as I mentioned earlier, a high body count is bound to raise questions but whether the count changes things is a talk for another day. But as our society frowns against women having multiple partners but supports the male folks in doing so, a man with a high body count seems normal compared to a woman having same counts. So when you want to ask your partner that question, make sure you're ready for the worst.

Present Matters Not The Past

As good as knowing your partner well in and out sounds and which may ultimately include knowing their body count, the truth is all those lie in their past. I think partners should rather focus on asking how their partner's past was (talking from a guy's point of view) because guys don't like it when they hear bad stories about their girlfriend after she must have told him how her past was. Imagine as a guy, after bragging about your bae, then someone comes to tell you he's had her before (not that it's bad but she should have been truthful). So the past should be discussed solely to avoid unforeseen situations. Also, I’ll advice partners to move on from the past to the present and work towards improving one another's future since the past can't be altered but we can still influence the future.


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Instagram - @i_am_phleg
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2BC07AB1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb