Skip to main content

The Rant - Don't Lead Them On



I don't understand people who can't be straightforward when dealing with other people's feelings. Don't lead them on. I mean, it's okay to not be a straightforward person as long as someone else's life is not at stake. I watched '35 and counting' for the second time some days ago and I felt sadder than the first time I watched it even amidst the comedy part of it. It just felt so real how some people tell you they're not ready for some things like marriage or kids and after going back and forth, the union/relationship ends only for them to have the same thing they claimed they weren't ready for with another person. This only means one thing; they weren't ready for it with YOU.

It saddens my heart when I read about people who date their partner for three years and more leaving them for someone they met two months before their relationship ends saying they didn't love their partner. Biko when did the love end? If the love ended like six months into the relationship, why didn't you say so then, or whatever you were getting from the relationship couldn't let you say the truth because you knew the benefits would stop? It's so not nice.

Before wasting someone's time for selfish reasons, think about if you'd like the same thing to be done to you. Telling someone you're no longer on the same page love-ically might hurt but the earlier you say it, the better for the both of you. The person will get over it sooner or later and find someone else because it wouldn't have gotten too deep but dragging the relationship for years making the other person believe they've found "the one" isn't a smart move.

 
To those who tell the lie of not being ready for kids or marriage when deep down, you know you're ready for it but just not with your partner, that's just tie-ing the person down when there's nothing for them to gain. Don't make people believe they're the one you want when you know that's not right. You don't want marriage with someone? What are you still there for when the person is clearly being serious? The truth here can set you free. Apply wisdom though.

Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Instagram - @i_am_phleg
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2BC07AB1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Says There Are No Pervs In Church?

Dear OTTH readers, how are we? I spent my weekend resting and going through dorisaniunoh.blogspot.com, you know as a writer, one shouldn't depend on themselves, so every now and then, I go through other blogs because not only do I learn a lot from them, they also inspire me to write something. I love reading from Doris' blog because like me, she writes real life stuff, something I could actually relate to not how Davido got robbed and the likes. I've been meaning to write about this in a while but procrastination won't let me but today I have bound the spirit hence here it is. I'm certain we all know who a perv is but just incase we don't, perv is the shortform for the word "pervert" and it refers to someone who's sexually obsessed according to Google and that's about what it means so I guess we all get the picture and we'd understand better as we proceed. I've always thought pastors would at least act like pastors no matter the tempt...

Na From Clap, Dance Dey Start

Good morning my loves, welcome to 2016. This is our first post this year so I’m supposed to be very excited but the issue I want to discuss is not one that gives room for such excitement. Of course, I’m excited that you can read this right now, that you came all the way from 2015 into 2016. It wasn’t an easy trip but we’re all here finally. Thank you so much for your love. Now to the business of the day. In a world of women and men, yes I put women first because I’m a woman just in case you were wondering why or maybe you didn’t even notice, the fate of a woman depends on the woman not the man and this is no merlin line. I’m really hurt right now and I’m too hurt to not speak up. I’m not a romantic person for reasons I don’t know but for some reason I’m grateful for it. I’m saying this because I’ve seen what people call love in action and it makes me wonder if it really is love. I’m not going to dispute the fact that I’ve also made my mistakes, I mean, we all have our stupid moments ...

The Hustle Of Many Colors

We are all "hustlers" before we become "chillers" whether we want to admit it or not. Some of us are in the corporate world, some on the streets, some in market places and some are in places I can't name. Some of us are dressed in suits, some in rags, some are dressed casually while some are dressed in clothes I can't even classify under any of the aforementioned categories. When I see people put up pictures saying "Lord bless my hustle" or "Oluwa bless my hustle", I just say 'amen' on behalf of whoever put up the picture. I'm very emotional right now because I've seen hustle at its peak. I remember entering a bus somewhere, I was the only passenger in the bus. The conductor did everything possible to get more passengers but all his efforts proved abortive. The driver then said "sorry aunty, we no dey go, we no see passenger" and I had to go with another bus. I could see the disappointment on his face, I wished...