Skip to main content

At The Wedding...



This is a pointless gist so I beg you not to read, please don’t read this, please….sigh. okay, I’m going to continue now that you’ve decided to read against my warning. So I almost had a nice weekend two weekends ago, the almost is there because I was quite ill at some point. I was supposed to post this last week but jkghjhdfj happened so here we are. The wedding I attended on Saturday is the reason behind this, not the other events that flooded my weekend. So Bisi (bestie) and I got to this wedding ceremony after hours of me screaming about her being too sluggish – we went to the wedding almost five hours after they had started, no kidding. I was grateful we went that late. Her mum first complained about our outfits because we decided to show off our arms oh, ordinary arms, not cleavage or thighs. She reported us to her friends and she couldn’t get over it till she left and we were like jghjhgj?

I saw Ajoke again (Bisi’s cousin), very cool chic so we all gisted and since they decided not to serve Bisi and I food at the wedding, maybe as a punishment for our dress, there was nothing much we could do. Ajoke complained that the wedding was too boring for her liking because no soft drinks or secular music. Secular music according to her would have been appropriate because the bride was a muslim and the bridegroom was a Christian so it’ll have been balanced that way, I agreed. To be honest, I just wanted to eat. I can’t enter four buses and not get rewarded with some food, please don’t play rough play.


Bisi started noticing things. She said the bride didn’t look happy; the guy was obviously the only one in love so we were observing together. We saw that the bride was also pregnant and that their cake was just a three step not an actual wedding cake. We had to nibble on Ajoke’s food (we met her there so she already had food which she barely touched and wasn’t planning to; spare me your poison lessons). Our food eventually came but I already lost interest. I ate my meat though, they were very sexy.
 
The bride was very beautiful but she didn’t smile 80% of the time, responded as if she was in the middle of an argument but I made excuses for her. She was probably stressed because she’s pregnant plus wedding stress, it can be very tiring (coming from an unmarried person). So Bisi’s grandma gisted us later about how that wasn’t the initial chic the guy introduced to them and we were like oh okay, everything just made sense.

Ajoke started trying to figure out why the guy wasn’t with the intended wifey but I figured she was the side chic who mistakenly got pregnant and that was the option they had but what’s my own? Ajoke told us about a woman who left her husband because he was broke, Bisi disagreed saying we didn’t know the full story so we should not judge and I was like abegi…marriage with side chic (my theory), abandoned true love finds her truthful true love, jollof rice still bae, party meat still sexy, slayers get slayed, running stomach comes after, heels change to flat slippers, unmarried ladies go home unmarried, just another Saturday.

#anotherboringpiece  #ekedunni 


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Instagram - @i_am_phleg
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2BC07AB1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Says There Are No Pervs In Church?

Dear OTTH readers, how are we? I spent my weekend resting and going through dorisaniunoh.blogspot.com, you know as a writer, one shouldn't depend on themselves, so every now and then, I go through other blogs because not only do I learn a lot from them, they also inspire me to write something. I love reading from Doris' blog because like me, she writes real life stuff, something I could actually relate to not how Davido got robbed and the likes. I've been meaning to write about this in a while but procrastination won't let me but today I have bound the spirit hence here it is. I'm certain we all know who a perv is but just incase we don't, perv is the shortform for the word "pervert" and it refers to someone who's sexually obsessed according to Google and that's about what it means so I guess we all get the picture and we'd understand better as we proceed. I've always thought pastors would at least act like pastors no matter the tempt...

Na From Clap, Dance Dey Start

Good morning my loves, welcome to 2016. This is our first post this year so I’m supposed to be very excited but the issue I want to discuss is not one that gives room for such excitement. Of course, I’m excited that you can read this right now, that you came all the way from 2015 into 2016. It wasn’t an easy trip but we’re all here finally. Thank you so much for your love. Now to the business of the day. In a world of women and men, yes I put women first because I’m a woman just in case you were wondering why or maybe you didn’t even notice, the fate of a woman depends on the woman not the man and this is no merlin line. I’m really hurt right now and I’m too hurt to not speak up. I’m not a romantic person for reasons I don’t know but for some reason I’m grateful for it. I’m saying this because I’ve seen what people call love in action and it makes me wonder if it really is love. I’m not going to dispute the fact that I’ve also made my mistakes, I mean, we all have our stupid moments ...

The Hustle Of Many Colors

We are all "hustlers" before we become "chillers" whether we want to admit it or not. Some of us are in the corporate world, some on the streets, some in market places and some are in places I can't name. Some of us are dressed in suits, some in rags, some are dressed casually while some are dressed in clothes I can't even classify under any of the aforementioned categories. When I see people put up pictures saying "Lord bless my hustle" or "Oluwa bless my hustle", I just say 'amen' on behalf of whoever put up the picture. I'm very emotional right now because I've seen hustle at its peak. I remember entering a bus somewhere, I was the only passenger in the bus. The conductor did everything possible to get more passengers but all his efforts proved abortive. The driver then said "sorry aunty, we no dey go, we no see passenger" and I had to go with another bus. I could see the disappointment on his face, I wished...