Skip to main content

P-Pressure Or Something Like That


Peer pressure is a very funny concept abi funny kind of pressure. This is because you don’t have to be forced into doing anything; it starts in your head. You might be constantly teased about not having something someone else has and it starts to register in your mind/head (choose one) that you’re not up to the standard you should be. Who sets the standard really so why bother?

It can also come in form of people around you having something you don’t which you probably admire but have no means of getting – yet. Rather than wait for your time, you feel you should join the clique so you hustle anyhow you can to get it. Funny thing is, those who own it might have been allowing you access to theirs (I don’t mean babe here, nobody wants you to share their babe) to the extent that you won’t feel the need to get yours but you just can’t (kent) keep calm. 
 

Peer pressure isn’t always negative as it usually is made to sound. Peer pressure can inspire you to do amazing stuff with your life as well. Imagine having friends, who are very ambitious, it will rub off on you somehow. Even if you’re very phlegmatic about achievements, they will push you to do something. You might even feel pressure to step up to their level so this will make you up your game.


In the end, it is all about what you do with your time, who you spend time with bla bla. If evil communications can corrupt good manners, imagine what good communication could do to your manners/ life?


Tips On Reducing/Eliminating The Pressure
-   - Watch your association, if it doesn’t inspire you to do better mentally, spiritually and financially, I don’t know why you’re there in the first place.
-       - Feed your mind with good stuffs.
-       - Don’t feel intimidated (I know it’s not easy) by what people own, you don’t know what they went through to get it.
-   - Be contented with who you are. Strive to be better in positive and productive ways only.
-   - Remember that you can’t be who you want to be ‘sharply’. There are processes, stages you must pass through. Pass through them in peace without jumping fence.
-     - Go on social media to have fun not to constantly remind yourself of how far you are from achieving your goals.
-      - Be yourself. Nobody matters more than you so who would you rather be except you?
-     - Dare to be different. How about doing what no one else is doing rather than doing what everyone is doing?


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Instagram - @aanusol
Twitter - @odusolar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Says There Are No Pervs In Church?

Dear OTTH readers, how are we? I spent my weekend resting and going through dorisaniunoh.blogspot.com, you know as a writer, one shouldn't depend on themselves, so every now and then, I go through other blogs because not only do I learn a lot from them, they also inspire me to write something. I love reading from Doris' blog because like me, she writes real life stuff, something I could actually relate to not how Davido got robbed and the likes. I've been meaning to write about this in a while but procrastination won't let me but today I have bound the spirit hence here it is. I'm certain we all know who a perv is but just incase we don't, perv is the shortform for the word "pervert" and it refers to someone who's sexually obsessed according to Google and that's about what it means so I guess we all get the picture and we'd understand better as we proceed. I've always thought pastors would at least act like pastors no matter the tempt...

Na From Clap, Dance Dey Start

Good morning my loves, welcome to 2016. This is our first post this year so I’m supposed to be very excited but the issue I want to discuss is not one that gives room for such excitement. Of course, I’m excited that you can read this right now, that you came all the way from 2015 into 2016. It wasn’t an easy trip but we’re all here finally. Thank you so much for your love. Now to the business of the day. In a world of women and men, yes I put women first because I’m a woman just in case you were wondering why or maybe you didn’t even notice, the fate of a woman depends on the woman not the man and this is no merlin line. I’m really hurt right now and I’m too hurt to not speak up. I’m not a romantic person for reasons I don’t know but for some reason I’m grateful for it. I’m saying this because I’ve seen what people call love in action and it makes me wonder if it really is love. I’m not going to dispute the fact that I’ve also made my mistakes, I mean, we all have our stupid moments ...

The Hustle Of Many Colors

We are all "hustlers" before we become "chillers" whether we want to admit it or not. Some of us are in the corporate world, some on the streets, some in market places and some are in places I can't name. Some of us are dressed in suits, some in rags, some are dressed casually while some are dressed in clothes I can't even classify under any of the aforementioned categories. When I see people put up pictures saying "Lord bless my hustle" or "Oluwa bless my hustle", I just say 'amen' on behalf of whoever put up the picture. I'm very emotional right now because I've seen hustle at its peak. I remember entering a bus somewhere, I was the only passenger in the bus. The conductor did everything possible to get more passengers but all his efforts proved abortive. The driver then said "sorry aunty, we no dey go, we no see passenger" and I had to go with another bus. I could see the disappointment on his face, I wished...