Skip to main content

Love Gone

He reached for her,
She turned her back,
He tried harder,
She walked away.
That's when he realised,
He had lost her.
With his head in his palm,
He kept thinking about it.
As he pondered on,
He remembered the first time they met....
On the 57th Street,
They bumped into each other,
That's when he decided to ask her for directions as he was quite lost.
While speaking to her,
He looked into her eyes and saw how beautiful they were,
Sparking like a torch in the dark,
Illuminating everywhere,
He couldn't even hear the words she was saying,
He just kept staring at her beautiful face especially the eyes,
Her slight tap on his hand jolted him back to reality and then, he was convinced that she was "the one"
Two years and counting,
It's been the best time of his life,
Her care, love and understanding was next to none,
She was charming beyond words,
Her playfulness was like that of a child who had no worries.
They were so happy until...
Until...
How in God's name could he have let it happen, he thought...
He finally allowed his drinking create a problem for him,
He let himself fall under the seduction of her flirtatious sister,
And now, she had seen them,
She looked at him with disdain and disgust, her sister she can handle later,
He explained everything,
She said she understood with a fake smile,
And she tried as much as possible to act normal,
But it was never the same after that.
The spark in her eyes were gone.
He hardly saw her smile,
He keeps apologizing even though it's been a year since the incident,
And she keeps reassuring him that she's not vexed anymore,
But he wants her back.
Her old self,
The smile,
The laugh,
The way she cavorts with joy and cheerfulness whenever she's around him,
The romantic side of her,
He misses all of that,
He wants it all back,
But she's gone.
Even though she's still with him.
She's gone.


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmmmm,speechless
Wale said…
And it hurts, but even though we hate to admit its gone wr know deep down it is, and nothing hurts more than missing the "good times "
Paul Newton said…
Her weak smile will forever crack his soul for messing up. That's why sometimes its good we think ahead and prepare before it takes us unaware. The dude bought his own downfall though. You Dont cheat with family...NEVER!!!!!:
Some guys don't know that, kudos to the guys who can control themselves no matter how tempted they are.
Exactly. What's left unsaid says it all.

Popular posts from this blog

My Marriage Story...So Far

I get to be asked about how marriage has been a lot by some of my unmarried friends. I’ve not even been married for long enough to be qualified to answer that question. From my little experience, marriage, like any other phase in life isn’t all smooth. It has its ups and downs. There’s an extra respect you get as soon as you get married. I get to be called MA a lot by people who wouldn’t ordinarily call me that and I’m wondering why. I guess it’s just the way the society has made it. Oh and I lost some friends as soon as I got the MRS title. Some people don’t care about how serious your relationship is, they’d still be on your ‘case’ but as soon as you say “I do”, they’d forget you like you never existed. This was good and bad for me because I considered some to be great friends but then, I guess I was wrong. Then there’s the pressure to get pregnant, I got lucky to get pregnant earlier than I thought though I wasn’t even ready. But before my body began announcing it, I still

Dunsin's Kitchen - Second Year Anniversary

I’m not a fan of long WhatsApp posts hence the need to write, post and just share the link on one WhatsApp/Instagram post. I’m a bit rusty (writing-wise) sha but I’ll try. I want to talk about how Dunsin’s Kitchen (DK) started because it’s our second anniversary today. I never imagined being a cook at this time, not with banking and family stress. I’ve imagined selling food a couple of times and it was inspired by one boli and beans seller in Asaba during my NYSC in 2014. I told my friend Osaru then that I’d love to start a place like that and call it Boli Kitchen. We just used to laugh about it then plus I’m not really a fan of beans though I could cook it well if I wanted to. Fast forward to 2020, we had a guest- my husband’s colleague who I served jollof rice and she kept talking about how good it was. One day, she said she would love to buy if I could make it for her so I agreed. Then I decided to ask others if they’d like to buy so I wouldn’t be making a small portion and some agr

Making Your Death Profitable

I read a thread on twitter recently about women whose husbands die and the in-laws take over everything their husband owned and it got me thinking about a lot of things. That is actually the reality in a lot of homes in Nigeria. Husband dies, his family takes over stuff without considering how his wife will cater for the kids. Sometimes, they might even kill the man to get his properties and take over everything including his wife. It’s really sad that people can be so wicked and inconsiderate which is why we need to take some steps to prevent our loved ones from suffering after our demise. It’s very important for a woman to work and have her own investments in different places no matter how rich your husband is. I’ve seen women who become maids after their very rich husband dies and there’s nothing left for them. While you can’t stop any in-law from claiming whatever, you can build yourself up financially so that you won’t be affected financially when death happens to your husb