Skip to main content

Love Gone

He reached for her,
She turned her back,
He tried harder,
She walked away.
That's when he realised,
He had lost her.
With his head in his palm,
He kept thinking about it.
As he pondered on,
He remembered the first time they met....
On the 57th Street,
They bumped into each other,
That's when he decided to ask her for directions as he was quite lost.
While speaking to her,
He looked into her eyes and saw how beautiful they were,
Sparking like a torch in the dark,
Illuminating everywhere,
He couldn't even hear the words she was saying,
He just kept staring at her beautiful face especially the eyes,
Her slight tap on his hand jolted him back to reality and then, he was convinced that she was "the one"
Two years and counting,
It's been the best time of his life,
Her care, love and understanding was next to none,
She was charming beyond words,
Her playfulness was like that of a child who had no worries.
They were so happy until...
Until...
How in God's name could he have let it happen, he thought...
He finally allowed his drinking create a problem for him,
He let himself fall under the seduction of her flirtatious sister,
And now, she had seen them,
She looked at him with disdain and disgust, her sister she can handle later,
He explained everything,
She said she understood with a fake smile,
And she tried as much as possible to act normal,
But it was never the same after that.
The spark in her eyes were gone.
He hardly saw her smile,
He keeps apologizing even though it's been a year since the incident,
And she keeps reassuring him that she's not vexed anymore,
But he wants her back.
Her old self,
The smile,
The laugh,
The way she cavorts with joy and cheerfulness whenever she's around him,
The romantic side of her,
He misses all of that,
He wants it all back,
But she's gone.
Even though she's still with him.
She's gone.


Facebook - Odusola Aanuoluwapo
Twitter - @odusolar
BBM - 2ACA8612

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmmmm,speechless
Wale said…
And it hurts, but even though we hate to admit its gone wr know deep down it is, and nothing hurts more than missing the "good times "
Paul Newton said…
Her weak smile will forever crack his soul for messing up. That's why sometimes its good we think ahead and prepare before it takes us unaware. The dude bought his own downfall though. You Dont cheat with family...NEVER!!!!!:
Some guys don't know that, kudos to the guys who can control themselves no matter how tempted they are.
Exactly. What's left unsaid says it all.

Popular posts from this blog

Who Says There Are No Pervs In Church?

Dear OTTH readers, how are we? I spent my weekend resting and going through dorisaniunoh.blogspot.com, you know as a writer, one shouldn't depend on themselves, so every now and then, I go through other blogs because not only do I learn a lot from them, they also inspire me to write something. I love reading from Doris' blog because like me, she writes real life stuff, something I could actually relate to not how Davido got robbed and the likes. I've been meaning to write about this in a while but procrastination won't let me but today I have bound the spirit hence here it is. I'm certain we all know who a perv is but just incase we don't, perv is the shortform for the word "pervert" and it refers to someone who's sexually obsessed according to Google and that's about what it means so I guess we all get the picture and we'd understand better as we proceed. I've always thought pastors would at least act like pastors no matter the tempt...

Na From Clap, Dance Dey Start

Good morning my loves, welcome to 2016. This is our first post this year so I’m supposed to be very excited but the issue I want to discuss is not one that gives room for such excitement. Of course, I’m excited that you can read this right now, that you came all the way from 2015 into 2016. It wasn’t an easy trip but we’re all here finally. Thank you so much for your love. Now to the business of the day. In a world of women and men, yes I put women first because I’m a woman just in case you were wondering why or maybe you didn’t even notice, the fate of a woman depends on the woman not the man and this is no merlin line. I’m really hurt right now and I’m too hurt to not speak up. I’m not a romantic person for reasons I don’t know but for some reason I’m grateful for it. I’m saying this because I’ve seen what people call love in action and it makes me wonder if it really is love. I’m not going to dispute the fact that I’ve also made my mistakes, I mean, we all have our stupid moments ...

The Hustle Of Many Colors

We are all "hustlers" before we become "chillers" whether we want to admit it or not. Some of us are in the corporate world, some on the streets, some in market places and some are in places I can't name. Some of us are dressed in suits, some in rags, some are dressed casually while some are dressed in clothes I can't even classify under any of the aforementioned categories. When I see people put up pictures saying "Lord bless my hustle" or "Oluwa bless my hustle", I just say 'amen' on behalf of whoever put up the picture. I'm very emotional right now because I've seen hustle at its peak. I remember entering a bus somewhere, I was the only passenger in the bus. The conductor did everything possible to get more passengers but all his efforts proved abortive. The driver then said "sorry aunty, we no dey go, we no see passenger" and I had to go with another bus. I could see the disappointment on his face, I wished...